Situated in the middle of the village, the Three Horseshoes was Brimpton’s longest-serving public house, before it closed its doors in the year 2021. The present building (currently in the process of being turned into a private dwelling) was built in 1869, and replaced ‘The Horse Shoes’ pub which was sat near St Peter’s Church.
The pub was named after the village farrier, who used to shoe horses in a building next to the pub. The building was first owned by the Mays Brewery (of Basingstoke), followed by Simonds, Courage and finally Arkells.
Before closing during the Covid pandemic, the pub was well-visited and was home to darts teams, pool teams and an annual Pumpkin-growing competition!